Warming, Stimulating, Enjoyable Cinnamon!
Latin name: Cinnamomum verum or zeylanicum
Sourced: Sri Lanka
Production: Steam Distilled (Leaves)
Cinnamon is native to Sri Lanka and southeast Asia. For centuries (including in Ayuveda), it has been a favorite for medicinal uses such as help with circulation, digestion and the immune system. It is one of the oldest spices, All commercial Cinnamon derives from plantations, so there is no pressure on wild populations of the tree.
NOTE: Cassia (originating from China) is often marketed in the US as cinnamon.
ALSO NOTE: Cinnamon Bark is very strong and harsh, while Cinnamon Leaf is milder but do not use directly on the skin!
Cinnamon is known:
- to transform low energy or vitality, low motivation and the “blahs” into a zest for life!
- to help stimulate new ideas and creativity.
- to help warm you (good for the winter ahead) and stimulate circulation.
- to support the body against infections like the flu and colds.
- to ease stress.
- to help ease indigestion, or help get an appetite back.
It is a strong anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and well-tested by scientists, performing among the top bacteria and microbe killers.