Sublime NATURALS® | Essential Oils + Organic Face & Body
Zen CITRONELLA Essential Oil
$ 14.99 $ 20.00
Citronella (cymbopogon nardus)
Plant Part Used: grass leaves
Extraction Method: steam distilled
100% Pure Therapeutic Quality. (GC/MS report available upon request.)
Some of the powers of Citronella essential oil:
- Mosquito and Pest Repellant: Citronella excels at this! Diffuse it, put 5-6 drops per ounce in your cream, gel or carrier and use on skin (it is NOT from the peel of the citrus, so it is NOT phototoxic.) Put on your aromatherapy bracelet or necklace; dot on clothing.
- Immune System & Overall Tonic: With its antibacterial and antioxidant actions, anti-inflammatory actions, and activating, and uplifting effects on the mind and body, Citronella is one of the essential oils that can be used as an overall tonic.
- Fever reducer: Use with a cool cloth, or in a cool bath (6 drops per ounce)
- Can help reduce headaches due to inflammation. Diffuse, or soak a washcloth in cool water with 6 drops of citronella. Wring and put on forehead - don't get it in your eyes!
- Bactericide: Like all essential oils, citronella has the ability to kill bacteria
- Calm barking dogs. One Canadian study showed that diffusing citronella helped calm barking dogs.